As business owners in the Netherlands, start ups must pay a range of taxes: turnover tax, income tax, corporation tax and dividend tax, etc. For International start-ups the Dutch tax system also offers a number of exclusive benefits, e.g.:
A competitive corporate income tax rate in Europe—20% on the first €200,000 and 25% for taxable profits exceeding €200,000
- A wide network of nearly 100 bilateral tax treaties to avoid double taxation and to provide, in many cases, reduced or no withholding tax on dividends, interest and royalties
- Clarity and certainty in advance on the tax consequences of proposed major investments in the Netherlands
- A broad participation exemption (100% exemption for qualifying dividends and capital gains), which is vital for European headquarters
- An efficient fiscal unity regime, providing tax consolidation for Dutch activities within a corporate group
- No statutory withholding tax on outgoing interest and royalty payments
- Favourable expat tax program with a 30% personal tax income advantage for qualified, skilled foreign employees
On paper this all sounds really attractive, but in practice it implies a lot of knowledge to take advantage of all these benefits. As a start-up your main focus is the development of your product and organisation. You do not have the time or knowledge to figure out which tax benefit you can use for your organization.
Therefore it is really important to team up with a good advisor. who not only understands the Dutch tax system, but also supports you in your growth as an entrepreneur in the Netherlands. Traditional tax advisors in the Netherlands charge per hour, more modern ones offer a service based on a monthly fee. Either way, make sure you choose one who is transparent in his offering, that you always know what you are paying for.
At Sanacount we stand for ‘Samen Succesvol’ (joint success). This means that we do not consider ourselves to be successful until our customers are. We work together to achieve goals and objectives, we want our customers to thrive.
For more information about our way of working you can contact our Account manager Robert van Doorn, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 024 7370544. As we say in the Netherlands, de koffie staat klaar! ( the coffee is ready!)